Our Chaplain, Father Pat, led us in a wonderful Lenten Journey at our recent meeting. Please see excerpts his talk below:
* St. Martin of Tours Parish Lenten Breakfast, hosted by your Knights of Columbus on Sunday, March 26 from 9:30 - 11:30 AM. In St. Alphonsus Hall, behind the church. A free will offering will be taken up.
* Irish Night at the Council was Thursday, March 16th at 7:00 PM in the Jack McKeon Lounge! All enjoyed an excellent corned beef and cabbage dinner with dessert, coffee, tea, beer, wine and soda! For only $25.00 a person, it was tremendous. We had to Reserve Early since Seating was Limited! Thanks to Pete Volberg , Hank Hobbs and Steve Descovich!
* On Thursday March 9th Hartigan Manor had an open house at the council with music, food, and drinks. Many members, even those who have been away for a while, came on down to say hello. If any member has a friend or relative who might be interested in joining our council, please advise 3` well. Contact me for more details (516-574-3368).
* During our Tuesday, March 7th's Council Meeting, our Chaplain, Father Pat, led us in a timely Lenten Service. Please see his presentation above.
* March with your fellow Knights at the Bethpage St. Patricks Day Parade on Sunday, March 5th! Mass is at 1:00 PM at St. Martins followed by the Annual Parade!
* Our Three Sharpshooting basketball stars in the K of C Free Throw Contest moved on to another round at Holy Trinity HS on Sunday, Febrary 12th
* On Tuesday February 7th, our council had two special guests: NY State Deputy Bob Weitzman and Colorado State Deputy Jim Caffrey. SD Jim Caffrey was a member of our council in the 80s and wanted to visit the council that got him started in the Knights of Columbus.*
*Our 2nd Annual Meatball Mania Extravaganza was at our Council on Friday, January 13, 2017. All enjoyed their favorite Meatballs as they tried to win the grand prize!
* Our Annual Christmas Party was at the Council on Friday, December 16!
* The Annual Breakfast with Santa was Sunday, December 18th, after Mass.
* Our Thanksgiving Food Drive for those in need was held. Thank you for donating some food and your time to help those less fortunate.* Our Chaplain, Reverand Patrick Woods, C.SsR, received his 4th Degree at a ceremony held on Sunday, October 9, 2016. Congratulations Sir Father Pat! We are Proud of you and thank you for your leadership and guidance.
* Our Oktoberfest Dinner was Thursday, October 13th in our Lounge from 7-11. Reservations needed!
* Check out the currrent issue of Columbia (above). The official magazine for The Knights of Columbus. In the July issue, under the Section for News about the 50 States, there is an article submitted by our DGK Joe Interrante about our recent visit to the Home of the Knights of Columbus.
*Our Family Picnic was on Sunday, September 18 in our Grand Parking Lot! Another Fun Time has by all!
* Our Annual 300 Club Gala with drawings for the winning tickets was held Sunday, September 11. Be in it next year for a chance to win!
* St.Martins Parish Block Party was Friday, August 12th located in the St Martin's Parking Lot. We manned the grill!
*Our Fishing Trip at Captree was on Friday, June 10th! Breakfast and Lunch was included. Lots of Good Fishing Stories Developed!'
*Our Daytime Member Meeting was on Tuesday, June 21st at 11 AM. Nice to see folks coming down to the Council for a coffee and to renew old friendships!'h
* Our joint Blood Drive with St. Martins Parish was on Monday May 16th from 2 PM - 8 PM. Jack Batt managed this most worthwhile drive with great assistance from PGK Joe Brooks, GK Steve DeRosa and our brother Steve Descovich. Thank you for supporting it and Donating a Pint!
* We had a Daytime Member Meeting on Tuesday, May 17th at 11 AM.
* Thank you to those who joined us on Sunday, May 29th for the 5:30 PM Sunday evening Mass at St. Martins of Tours Church and continued as we walked in the Corpus Christi Procession that followed Mass.
* Wednesday, April 13, 2016 our Council took a day trip to where the Knights began - The Knights of Columbus Museum in New Haven, CT. DGK Joe Interrante organized a spectacular day! Please see separate tab with photos of the day!
* On Palm Sunday, we had our Annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children at our Council. A great time was once again had by all!
* Three of our young hoop stars are doing quite excellently in the continuing rounds of the K of C Free Throw Contest! Next event is the Regional Competition at Chaminade HS. Finals are in West Point! Their journey started on January 9th. Photo below.
*Sunday, March 6th was the Annual Bethpage St. Patricks Day Parade through Bethpage. The Council marched on a fully decorated Irish Float! Thanks for Watching and Cheering us!
* Sunday February 28th, we sponsored the St. Martin's Parish Pancake Breakfast at the Parish School Cafeteria. Please See Pictures Below!
*Super Bowl Party was held at Council Lounge - Sunday, February 7.
*Valentine's Wine and Cheese Party was held on Friday, February 12 - 7 PM. It was a classic event!
* We just concluded two ceremonies for First and Second Degrees at our Council (December 15th). Another First Degree may be held on March 15.
* 300 Raffle is underway - Each ticket entitles you to be included in the six months of multiple drawings PLUS free admittance to the "300 Club Cocktail Party"! Contact "300 Club" Chairman Tony Labadie for further information and tickets. This is a wonderful fundraiser and it is also FUN! Tickets were mailed to members, please return to Tony to be in it!
* Meatball Mania was a Spectacular Culinary Success at the Council! Held Friday, January 15th in our Main Hall. It hopefully becomes an annual tradition! Mangia!
* 2016 Annual Dues are due. Please send payment to FS Mark Kiam.
* Perspective new members please contact PGK Peter Volberg.
* RIP our Brother Knights who have passed on.
Steve Descovich, Our Chaplain - Fr. Pat Woods, GK Steve DeRosa and DGK Joe Interrante at the St. Martins Parish Communion Breakfast.
More Photos of our Team below!
It was a fabulous event shared by many parishioners of the St. Martin of Tours Parish!
A Parish that is truly Well Led ...and our goal is to insure they are also Well Fed!!